|Lutheran High School Admissions
Costs and financial aid site
Thank you for considering Lutheran High School as a Christian secondary education alternative. We seek to help parents raise up Christian children who develop their God-given talents and are a credit to their community.
Our primary reason for existence is spiritual. The high school setting is a place to put Biblical principles into practice; to see God’s hands moving through time and throughout our world; to witness how people have attempted to depict His glory; and to marvel at His creation and our human development.
Since God is central to our goal, we believe in offering an excellent academic education. We strive to be equal to or better than other educational options within the core secondary school curriculum.
Lutheran congregations have established Lutheran High School as an extension of their congregational ministries to help families in their walk with God. Our school is not a replacement for the spiritual responsibility of parents, but rather a supporting resource.
If you share these beliefs, we invite you to join us.
In His Service,
Curt Fischer, Senior Administrator
Donor & Admissions Coordinator: Michelle Cox (extension 113)
3500 West Washington St.
Springfield IL 62711-7922
Phone 217-546-6363 FAX 217-546-6489
According to school policy, Lutheran High School shall admit students of any race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loans. Students enrolling as freshmen must have completed the requirements for passing eighth grade as established by the policies of their respective school.
For students interested in experiencing a "taste" of being a Lutheran High student, the Admissions office has a number of opportunities. Every March, area elementary schools are invited to bring the members of their sixth grade class to Sixth Grade Day at Lutheran High. The students spend the morning in short class sessions with our teachers then provided with lunch. The Open House is held the first Wednesday of November. Prospective students and parents can tour the facilities, meet teachers and staff and obtain Application Packets. Eighth graders can spend the day shadowing a freshman during a school day. (Students interested in transferring may also arrange a school day visit through the Admissions office.)
We encourage you to contact Mrs. Cox for any information and forms you may
need or to ask any questions you may have as you consider enrolling in Lutheran High School. We hope you prayerfully consider this secondary education
Additional information regarding tuition, financial aid, application forms, schedules, etc.
is available from the Admissions Coordinator.
Our school profile contains additional information regarding our student body, test scores and other useful facts.
Click the icon above for online financial aid application.
Beginning June 1, 2012 all financial aid requests are submitted online through FACTS.
Click here for the ACH Form for auto-withdrawl tuition payments
Our students come to us from:
- Ball Charter School (Springfield)
- Blessed Sacrament (Springfield)
- Calvary Academy (Springfield)
- Cathedral School (Springfield)
- Concordia Lutheran School (Springfield)
- Franklin Middle School (Springfield)
- Glenwood Junior High (Chatham)
- Jefferson Middle School (Springfield)
- Lincoln Magnet School (Springfield)
- Little Flower (Springfield)
- Our Savior's Lutheran School (Springfield)
- Pawnee Middle School
- Pleasant Plains Middle School
- Riverton Middle School
- Rochester Junior High
- Salem Lutheran School (Jacksonville)
- Seventh Day Adventist School (Springfield)
- Springfield Christian School
- St. Agnes (Springfield)
- St. Aloysius (Springfield)
- St. John's Lutheran School (New Berlin)
- St. Joseph (Springfield)
- Trinity Lutheran School (Springfield)
- Washington Middle School (Springfield)
- Williamsville Junior High
Student Home Churches:
- Calvary Temple (Springfield)
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Springfield)
- Chatham Methodist Church
- Cherry Hills Baptist Church (Springfield)
- Christ the King (Springfield)
- Church of the Little Flower (Springfield)
- Concordia Lutheran (Springfield)
- Faith Lutheran (Jacksonville)
- Faith Bible Church (Springfield)
- First United Methodist Church (Springfield)
- Grace Lutheran (Springfield)
- Hope Evangelical (Springfield)
- Koke Mill Christian
- Our Savior's Lutheran (Springfield)
- Rochester Christian Church
- Salem Lutheran (Jacksonville)
- Sherman Church of the Nazarene
- South Side Christian Church (Springfield)
- Southern View Chapel
- St. Aloysius Catholic Church (Springfield)
- St. John Vianney (Sherman)
- St. John's Lutheran (New Berlin)
- St. John's Lutheran (Springfield)
- St. John's Lutheran (Chatham)
- St. Joseph Catholic Church (Springfield)
- St. Jude (Rochester)
- St. Paul AME
- Trinity Lutheran (Edinburg)
- Trinity Lutheran (Springfield)
- West Side Christian (Springfield)
- Woodside United Methodist